The plumbing installation of a house is the network of pipes that take the hot and cold drinking water to the different points or water points. The average price the repiping cost is $3500 to $5000.
When To Renew A Plumbing Installation
- It is recommended if it is more than ten years old.
- If the pipes are made of lead or galvanized steel, it is advisable to replace them with new copper or plastic materials.
- When there is a loss of pressure, it can be a sign of breakage or water leakage, a sign that the installation has deteriorated.
- When a break or leak occurs at a point in the installation, it can be a warning that the system is old and damaged. Most likely, the network will eventually burst through other points later; It is worth changing it in its entirety, and not wasting time and money fixing the different points.
- If the water comes out cloudy or dirty, or if it tastes strange.
- If there are noises in the pipes, it can be a sign of too much water velocity or possible jams or deterioration of the materials.
- If the exposed parts of the pipes are not in good condition, the installation must be changed.
- When moisture appears on the walls or the tiles come off, it is a sign of leaks or leaks of water coming from the network.
- If you are going to renew the electrical installation, tiling, partitions, etc., it can be an excellent time also to replace the pipes and thus take advantage to do both reforms at once.
In general, and except some rooms such as garages, plumbing installations are embedded in the walls. Recessed pipes must be protected with insulating materials; Before closing the rubbing or channels, a tightness test must be done to ensure that there are no leaks.
The plumbing installation of a house must have sufficient pressure (between 1.5 and 2.5 bar (kg/cm2). Otherwise, it may be necessary to install a pump or pressure group in the distribution tank. If it is excessive, pipes and appliances may be damaged, and a pressure reducer will need to be installed.