Hard water contains higher mineral content when compared with the soft water which has relatively low mineral content. Mineral content here incudes calcium carbonate and magnesium carbonate. Hard water is not good for health. Hence, it is necessary to prevent ourselves from hard water. However, the question arises is how do we identify hard water. You can easily identify hard water by identifying the soap scum on shower tiles, basins, or film left on your body. These soap scums may cause limp in hair along with dry skin. It is necessary for the wellbeing of your family that you use a hard water filter to minimize the hardness of the water.
Effects of hard water
Hard water does not have any serious impact on the health of people using hard water. However, hard water can pose serious impact on industries. It is important to properly monitor the hardness of the water in industries in order to avoid break down of boilers, cooling towers and much other equipment. It also serious impact in the house settings of a person. Hard water has the ability to shorten the life of the appliances. It causes build of soap scum on fixtures and glassware. However, all these effects of Springwell hard water can be reduced with water softeners.
What is hard water filter?
A hard water filter also known as water softener is an electronic device which is useful if you reside in areas that have water with high mineral content. People who do not know the difference use these hard water in their houses. Hard water filters are designed in a manner that removes the impurities present in the water. The components of water are actively changed with the help of ingredient of the filter. Sodium chloride activates the beads formed from ion exchange resin. These resins then replace the hard water mineral content with mineral contents that are way softer like sodium or potassium. Now-a-day almost all the houses have a hard water filter that helps to reduce the hardness of the water.
Benefits of hard water filter
- Hard water filter is useful to improve the quality of the hard water. It improves its taste and makes them drinkable.
- Hard water filter also removes the bad smell from water which is caused because of the bacterial contaminants present in the water. Hard water filter removes this bacterial contaminants thus, giving a better smell to water.
- Purchasing of hard water filter reduces the cost expended on buying bottled water. It is a onetime investment whose benefits can be reaped for years.
- Water softener also helps to reduce the risk of colon cancer, bladder cancer, and rectal cancer which is caused because of the chlorine present in the water.
- Hard water filter provides filtered water for drinking and cooking which also improves the immune system of the children.
- Hard water filter acts as a defence between the human body and the toxins present in the unfiltered hard water.